The manufacturing of a dog coat and other apparel has become the fastest growing industry for several years. With the continuous demand of dog apparels their prices are becoming expensive also. Even Gucci and Ralph Lauren are into designing dog clothing and accessories.
If you go to a local pet store, their prices for a simple dog outfit, small dog coat, and winter dog coat can be a little pricey considering the material used and the design. To save yourself some money, try making your own dog clothing. It is very simple and any dog lover could try making this project at home.
Here are the materials you will need to make dog clothing: Fabric, scissors, thread, small buttons, sewing machine, ruler, tape measure, pen or marker, pattern paper, and any accessories you can add. All these items are cheap. The trick to sewing fabulous dog clothing is how you make it.
• Measure your dog from his neck to the end of his tail. The fabric you will buy will depend upon the size of your dog and the weather. If it is a small dog then you can sew a small dog coat. If it is winter season then purchase a thicker fabric to create a winter dog coat.
• Create a design into the pattern paper using the measurement of your dog as your guide. Once you finished designing, cut the pattern paper.
• Pin the pattern paper into the fabric and use the pattern paper as your guide in cutting the fabric. Make sure that you have allotted at least ½ inches. Use these extra inches to sew all edges of the fabric to make sure that it does not ripped apart. It is important to do this instruction before continuing to sew the entire dog clothing.
• With the help of the pattern paper, mark the fabric where all seams match or where the collar should be attached or where you should place your buttons, and the like.
• Once you have done marking the fabric, sew the dog clothing together by following the pattern's instructions.
• After sewing the pieces of fabric together, attached the buttons on it. For small dog coat and winter dog coat use buttons that are big and sturdy.
• To make it more fashionable you could add up some accessories on the back part of the dog clothing.
These steps can be easily accomplished once you start putting them into action. When you are done with these steps you will realize just how easy it is to make your own dog coat.
Praline Ramirez is a writer for Little Pampered Pets, an online pet boutique. Visit us at http://littlepamperedpets.com