Wednesday 16 June 2010

Lunchtime In Fairyland - Recipes & Tutorial


Fed up with dull dinner times? Can get the kids to eat? Have some Fairy Tale food times!

It's no secret that I adore red and white toadstools and I've been wanting to add them to a bento box design for a while now, so this meal is "fairy food"!

The main ingredient, mini meatloaf, was inspired by the muffin tin meal recipes that have become so popular for single-serving bento-size portions, but the best part is that you can make them in advance and stash them in the freezer until you need them. My mini meatloaf muffin is decorated with cheesy pepper ring flowers.

In the larger box with the meatloaf are some fresh clover sprouts, broccoli, pea pods and of course, the pretty little toadstool mushroom. I am super excited to share how I made this one!

In the smaller box there are orange wedges, pear slices, cherries, broccoli and a mini yellow bell pepper that I used as a container for my veggie dip. Sitting up top is a homemade snail roll!

Visit Squidoo for the Recipes...